Friday, January 31, 2014

January Wrap-Up

In an effort to make this blog more active, I've decided to do a monthly wrap-up at the end of each month. It will be all the books I've read that month, and anything else I deem interesting enough to go up. Maybe a quote from a book from that month, or my favourite photo I've taken. Anything is pretty much fair game!

The Books
Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding
Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgmery
Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay
One Summer by David Baldacci
Roomies by Sara Zarr (review here)
Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen (review here)

I really liked all of the books I read this month. My favourite was Roomies by Sara Zarr. I loved the overlap between the two characters, and the emails back and forth between the two. Definitely check it out!

Least favourite was Mad About the Boy. I meant to write a full review, but never got around to it. I knew the big spoiler that leaked before its release, but I don't feel that took anything away from my reading experience. Bridget's kids were adorable, but I felt like it lacked something. I did re-read the first two books before reading this one, so it's possible that I was just on Bridget overload. I think I would have liked it better if there was more discussion about Mark. I felt like those parts were few and far between. I would definitely recommend reading it, especially if you've read the first two books.

My favourite quote from this month comes from my favourite character this month. Anne (the 'e' is important, you know) Shirley from Anne of Green Gables:

 
The entire book was quotable, but this was my favourite. Anne was just lovely to read about. It may be classified as a children's book, but I think it has something for everyone, no matter how old you may be. The descriptions in this book were most definitely my favourite. I've always dreamed of visiting Prince Edward Island, but this book made that wanderlust even stronger. I need to see all of the beautiful landscapes that Montgomery painted with her words.


http://mridulgame.blogspot.ca/2011/10/national-parks-canada.html

Doesn't that just make you want to pack your bags and wander away?

Favourite Photo
I love to take pictures. Of anything and absolutely everything. With my phone, but my favourite way to take photos is with my real camera.

This is Ollie, our almost 8 month old kitten. He is absolutely crazy, lovable, and has the biggest, fluffiest tail ever. We have two other cats, Itty Bitty our 5 year old princess, and Boo our age unknown black beauty. We are cat people, through and through. I would be a crazy cat lady if it weren't for my almost-husband. Instead, we are crazy cat people and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment