Tuesday, September 17, 2013

top ten tuesday: 10 books I'll be reading in autumn.

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic, and you get to write about whatever it happens to be. This week is top ten books to read this fall.

I don't normally categorize books by season, but this seemed like a fun way to somewhat organize my ever-growing to-read list! These books won't all be new releases, since I have a huge backlog of older books I want to read. Anyone else feel like they'll never be able to read all the books they want to read in their lifetime? What a sad thought!


Morning Glory by Sarah Jio - I've become a big fan of Sarah Jio's books. They always seem to have the perfect mix of romance, mystery, and usually involve different time periods. This one sounds especially great as it takes place within a boat community, and I've never read anything like that!

The Single Girls' To-Do List by Lindsey Kelk - I've never read anything by this author, but I've heard great things, and I believe that there is some Canadian locations in this book, which I am all for.

The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson - This has been on my to-read list forever, and I just won a copy on Twitter, so I am bumping it up the list. I'm excited, since it seems like such a fun, unusual story.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth - Who isn't looking forward to this book?! I can't wait to find out how everything wraps up.

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks - Yes, I am a Sparks fan. I just really enjoy his books. Sometimes the love story seems a little unrealistic, and I'm not sure how I feel about so many of his books being turned into movies, but I always enjoy reading them.

 
(sidenote: I love how all these covers involve shades of blue/purple!)
 
The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman - I keep seeing this book at Wal-Mart, and it's gotten pretty good reviews. It sounds like a great premise for a book with lots of different adventures.

How to Love by Katie Cotugno - This sounds like a great love story, but a complicated, realistic one. Sometimes I can't take the lovey-dovey completely unrealistic love stories of today.

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith/J.K Rowling - I love Harry Potter, and this has gotten really great reviews. Plus, I love a good mystery/suspense novel on a chilly day.

Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain - Diane Chamberlain is another author I've discovered recently and really love. Her books are always great with good characters and enough twists to keep things interesting.

Starry Night by Debbie Macomber - I always read at least one Christmas book during the fall, and I think this will be my choice for this year. I love the cover. I want to be IN the cover.

Alright, so now I just want to call into work for the entire season and stay home and read. If only...

2 comments:

  1. Got the Cuckoo's Calling on my list too. I am so nervous to try either of her adult works; I am pretty sure I will be prejudiced because of Potter..
    Also, so glad you are a Sparks fan! I haven't read his last two yet :(
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit nervous, too, because A Casual Vacancy didn't get the greatest reviews, and nothing will ever live up to Harry Potter.
      Sparks is always good for a fluff read!

      Delete