Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession


It's been awhile since I've participated in a Top Ten Tuesday, but I liked this topic, so here we go! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I like breaking things down, so I'm going to break this down into three separate lists.


1.) The Truth and Other Lies by Sascha Arango - which is a creepy, twisted thriller perfect for summer nights in a cabin.

2.) Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover - a really fun summer read perfect for the beach. It partially takes place in Paris.

3.) The Blue by Lucy Clarke - I love Lucy Clarke's books so much. This was no exception. A boat + 2 friends + strangers who become friends + one friend ends up dead = so good. Look out for an excerpt and a review on July 31st.



4.) Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery - I bought this in Cavendish, PEI at the house where L.M Montgomery grew up. What ELSE would you buy from that gift shop?

5.) Anne of Avonlea by L.M Montgomery - I found this used beautiful edition from 1956 at a used bookstore in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I've made it my mission to find each book in the series in a used book shop. The older, the better.

6.) Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie McDonald -which I found in my favourite used book store in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. Too bad I live in Ontario, only a mere 19 hours away.

7.) Split Second by David Baldacci - This is the first book in a series. I bought it because the husband and I listened to the sixth (I think?) book on audiobook without realizing it was the sixth.

8.) The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley - I'm currently reading this one. It's pretty good, if perhaps a little slow.


I always forget just how much I love the library. If I haven't been in a while, I literally start to crave going there. I took a quick trip after work last week and came home with:

9.) Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes - So good that I read the entire thing on Sunday.

10.) Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes - I'm so glad that the library had the third book because I definitely needed it right away after Rebel Spring. Currently reading this and at the time of writing, I'm about 120 pages in.

11.) Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson - I've been meaning to get into more graphic novels and I've wanted to read this for months. I'm so glad I did because it was great. Definitely a fantastic role model for people.

12.) Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More by Kelly Sue DeConnick - I haven't read this one yet, but this was an impulse grab. I'm excited to pick it up soon, though.

13.) The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley - I recently read The Seven Sisters by Riley and absolutely loved it. I haven't read this one yet either, but I'm going to asap.

That was a few more than ten, but what can I say? I have a book problem. Have you read any of these books?

Editing this to add that I may have bought another book today after work. I bought Those Girls by Chevy Stevens because she is amazing. If you want a creepy thriller, you need to check out Chevy Steven's books.



No comments:

Post a Comment