Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ten Things I've Learnt About Love by Sarah Butler

A beautifully descriptive novel about love, loss, and the things we don't know. Daniel is a homeless man longing and looking for his daughter, Alice. Alice is a woman who runs away from her life often, only returning to London to say goodbye to her father; a man who isn't her birth father, but she doesn't know this.

Daniel tracks down Alice, and the two bond without Alice finding out who he truly is. They're lost souls, kindred spirits, and completely what the other needs.

In keeping with the theme of the book, 10 Things I Liked About This Novel:
1.) Daniel - he was a great character with a lot of heart and soul.
2.) London - I WILL travel to London one day.
3.) The descriptions - Butler has a lovely way of stringing together words and making them flow beautifully.
4.) Max - Alice's super cute nephew who believes in magic.
5.) Parallel stories - I will always be a fan of this way of storytelling.
6.) Alice - she was weak, she was strong, she was lost, she was found. She was real.
7.) The novel felt cozy. That may sound weird, but I felt very cozy reading it. I think it's the London thing.
8.) The other 'tramps'. Characters who were full of love, despite their circumstances
9.) Alice's adoptive father - he tried his best with what he was given.
10.) It was short. It wasn't unnecessairly long.

This was a quick read, that I enjoyed. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment