Thursday, June 4, 2015

May Wrap-Up


I keep thinking I'll do a wrap-up post each month, but it never happens. So here's what I hope will not be a one time thing!

Books I read in May:
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - I started this on the last day in April, but finished in May. LOVED this book. Can't wait for the next one!

Finding Paris by Joy Preble - This was absolutely not what I was expecting, but not in a bad way. I was expecting a nice summery road trip story, but there was much more.

The Start of Me & You by Emery Lord - This was the summery contemporary story I was looking for. I really enjoy Lord's writing style and that she celebrates female friendship.

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen - LOVED. I will be reading Sarah Dessen when I'm 50.

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover - This wasn't my favourite (favourite so far is Maybe Someday), but it was still a good read. I can understand why so many people do love it, though.

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover -  I read this entire book in a day, as Hoover's writing is very addictive. This started out really good, but the ending was a little too dramatic and unbelievable for my tastes.

A Court of Thorns & Roses by Sarah J. Maas - Absolutely loved this book, too. I think I will enjoy this series even more than the Throne of Glass series.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Not as good as City of Bones, but still interesting. I'm going to finish this series and then finally read City of Heavenly Fire.

Before The Storm by Diane Chamberlain - Really loved this book and (most) of its characters. If you want a multi-layered story, then check this out.

Secrets She Left Behind by Diane Chamberlain - This is a sequel to Before The Storm, and while it wasn't as good as the first, it was still really good. I just had a harder time liking one of the main characters in this book.

10 books read this month! Not bad at all. I'm at 43 books for the year, which is further than I was this time last year. To be fair, this time last year I was knee-deep in wedding preparations.

Currently reading:
The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley - I am really enjoying this so far! It's a really interesting story about seven sisters who after their adopted father dies, he leaves them clues about where they came from. This will be a seven book series and each book is one sister's story. This book is about Maia's story, who was the first one adopted and whose roots trace back to Rio. I'm only about 160 pages in, but it's really great so far.

I'm also reading Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover, which is a book I got for review. Look out for a cocktail post on June 19th, and a review during the week of the 22nd!

It's been a very good reading month for me, but my reading will be pushed to the side from the 12th to about the 20th as my husband and I are heading back to Nova Scotia for a week! We went there last year for our honeymoon and I absolutely fell in love with the province. We are also going to be heading to Prince Edward Island for the first time, where I'm determined to buy a copy of Anne of Green Gables. I'm SO freaking excited to go!

Other than that, all I've been doing is working. Husband and I did have a day off together (doesn't happen very often), so we went exploring and happened upon a waterfall!


That's all for now. Hopefully I can do this next month, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment